embroidered roundels that I turned into slips for the Keeper awards
that I have received (Light, Arrow, Chalice) as well as a Sagittarius,
and a badge for the Grand Master Bowman (also an original chart, such
as it is), and turned it into a "brag rag", a favor to display my
awards. I appliqued them onto the linen favor, and trimmed it with a
kumihimo cord I braided. This photo was taken by Baroness Cateline la
Broderesse at the King's and Queen's Arts and Sciences competition
(where it was entered). Of course, the favor is now incomplete, since
at that same event, I was inducted into the Order of the Silver
finally finished making charts for all the Quintavia Keeper awards
(click on it for larger image). I have now received both the
Keeper of the Light (for service) and the Golden Arrow (for archery).
The others are the Chalice (for arts), the Torse (for heavy list
combat), and the Silver Blade (for rapier combat).
|I had the
honor of making the headpiece for the elevation of Nest verch
Tangwistel to the Order of the Laurel. Nest likes beading, but
requested a headpiece that would not tangle in her long hair. So I
decided to make beaded laurel leaves and attach them to a leather band.
Making the leaves was a challenge. This was my first time beading, but
I had been looking at ways of doing freestyle beaded objects, so I knew
I would do them using a peyote stitch. I created my own pattern for the
leaves. They were made using size 11 seed beads in emerald and lime
green. The first picture if of the leaves in progress, the second two
of the finished headpiece.
petit point piece done on 28-count evenweave, using continental tent
stitch with 3 strands of DMC floss. The image is the badge for the
Quintavia Keeper of the Light award, a service award I received in June
2008 and passed on in December 2009. I made two badges because I was
giving it as a joint award to a husband and wife. I charted the design
myself, and made it into a pendant. Mistress Ygraine of Kellswood
provided me with very helpful instruction on how to make it.
I made my
Russian court garb, I wanted to do some
embroidery on the collar. I copied the pattern for these griffins from
a leather headpiece I have. I used chain stitch for the upper body (to
simulate feathers), and a short/long satin stitch for the lower body,
satin stitch in silver thread for the beak, and outlined in silver